Princeton Pain and Spine Institute
Pain Management, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist located in Lawrenceville, NJ and Edgewater, NJ
Dr. Dinash Yanamadula and the staff at Princeton Pain & Spine Institute provide pain management services to the residents of Lawrenceville and Edgewater, New Jersey, and nearby neighborhoods. The doctor specializes in treating neck and lower back pain.
Low Back Pain Q & A
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Lower back pain is caused by any number of issues or conditions, including repetitive activities such as bending or lifting, carrying heavy or unbalanced loads, poor posture, sleeping on an unsupportive mattress, knee or hip problems, conditions affecting the spine or discs, nerve-related problems, sports or work-related accidents, car accidents, osteoarthritis and many other issues. Dr. Yanamadula uses his extensive training and expertise to diagnose the root cause of the lower back pain in order to ensure the most effective and appropriate treatment is applied. Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Spine conditions like arthritis, spinal stenosis, and spondylolisthesis
- Nerve impingements, including sciatica in the lower back and cervical radiculopathy in the upper back and shoulders
- Lifestyle and work habits, including sitting or standing for long periods of time without taking breaks, poor posture, carrying heavy or unbalanced backpacks or purses, poor lifting technique, wearing high heels or shoes without arch support, and even sleeping on a mattress that's too soft
- Trauma from car accidents, sports accidents, slip-and-fall accidents or other causes
Can Chronic Back Pain be Effectively Managed?
Chronic back pain can be effectively managed once the cause has been determined and accurately diagnosed. Knowing why the pain is occurring will give the doctor a better idea of how to correct the problem and alleviate the pain permanently. If the problem cannot be cured or corrected, the doctor will begin to implement a pain management plan that takes into account the patient's needs. This includes finding ways for the patient to remain active and productive. Exercise, the use of deep tissue massage to help maintain mobility and strength, as well as the use of anti-inflammatory pain medications, are all possible options that can help provide positive results when it comes to pain management.
How does Dr. Yanamadula treat lower back pain?
Dr. Yanamadula has extensive experience in helping his patients to manage pain in their lower backs. After carefully assessing the patient’s condition, Dr. Yanamadula will suggest a course of treatment to relieve the pain and help his patient to return to normal day to day activities. Some of the treatments that may be administered include:
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar Transforaminal epidural steroid injections
- Lumbar radiofrequency neurotomy
- Sacroiliac joint steroid injections
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
Major Insurances Accepted
At Princeton Pain and Spine, we accept most major insurance plans. Please contact our office if you do not see your insurance provider listed.
Words from our patients
"Dr. Yanamadula was immediately compassionate and understanding. In only a few visits I was back to feeling BETTER than I was feeling."
"He was clear and considerate in his plan to help my mother. I was impressed and grateful."
"God Bless him. He is a little miracle worker in my opinion after dealing with this for 20 plus years. Thank you so much, Dr. Y, for giving us our life back."
"Dr. Yanamadula is always genuine, understanding no matter how busy. He automatically comes up with a solution to my medical questions and concerns."